Morning Rituals - Sunrise Skincare

10:59:00 AM



Since having my schedule change back January, I've been working on self-care and my morning rituals to keep me motivated and feeling good. I know everyone and their mother has made a post somewhere about this but I personally love reading about someone's morning routine. I especially like to know what skincare specifics they use to begin their day.

I set my alarm for 7am every morning. I usually get out of bed between 7 and 8 depending on how late I was up the night before reading or what I have planned for the day.

My next step is skincare, I've been keeping an intense eye on skincare lately. Stress has been wreaking havoc on my complexion and I knew that something had to give - so diet and skincare are front and center right now.

The skincare products I use range depending on how my skin feels that morning or looks but one thing is always for sure - a good cleanse, tone, sunscreen! Glycolic peels have also been a must. I've been using one or the other of the following peels every morning and have seen a great change in my skin texture and clarity in just a little over a week. I'm working hard to decrease sun damage and I feel that these and my evening routine items have been making a difference. Routine and repetition are key.

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peels

Pixi Glow Tonic


Next up are vitamins, water, and making myself a bulletproof coffee (which is now decaf, thank you acid reflux! lol). I love Nespresso personally and they have a decaf coffee for my machine that tastes like a normal coffee, not watery and gross when you think of original decaf coffees.

Nespresso Vertuo Machine - White

Nespresso Decaf

Lastly, I like to sit with my bunnies on the porch and either read something like a self-help book or most of the time it's checking emails and listening to a podcast. I have also been trying to meditate a couple times a week and that would be at this time as well.

I really feel that having a morning routine helps start the day on the right foot. It gives you that time for yourself and to set the tone and pace for your day. Please let me know in the comments what you do in the morning or what podcast you are loving right now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe