June 2015 Favorites!

6:00:00 AM

I can't believe it is July, we are more than halfway through 2015 already! I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend!

Here are my favorites from June....

Surprisingly I have been into purple this past month. I've been digging purple lips and eyeliner. The lavender and violet shades easily and effortlessly brighten up your look. There is a luminosity to this color that I love. 



Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Asphyxia - This duo chrome lavender is so gorgeous. I never would have picked it (and the eyeshadow) out if it wasn't for an Urban Decay sales rep at Ulta. She used it on the inner corner of her eyes and it brightened everything up. Definite yes in my book! Check it out. 

Urban Decay 12 Hour Afterglow Blush - Bittersweet - The most unexpected color. Surprisingly it makes a wonderful contour and flush on those cheeks. Love this because it is so different from anything I have in my collection already. I haven't been this excited about a blush in a long time!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Asphyxia - The same shade as the eyeliner described above, but in shadow form. I am obsessed with duo chrome shades in general so I was excited to add this to my arsenal. Makes a great highlight on the cheeks and a brightening pop of color on the inner eye area. 

Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation - I think this is going to be on a lot of favorites lists this month. It is definitely one of the most long wearing foundations for Summer I've ever worn. It stays put but doesn't create dryness and it doesn't feel like a mask either. A little goes a long way with this baby so the tube will last a long time. It think it makes a good event foundation as well. Would work fabulous for brides having Summer weddings!

Mac Dazzleshadow - She Sparkles & Boom Boom Room - I LOVE this formula. I wish I had purchased more than two shades while they were available (part of the Le Disko Collection). These are basically duo chrome finished of pressed pigments. The size is the same as a regular Mac eyeshadow. The formula is fallout free, super pigmented, and just all around glamorous. Please Mac, make these permanent!!

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Plus - It wouldn't be right if I didn't include this in another favorites post. By far the best and most used (beside Bare Minerals loose powder foundation) powder foundation. It's never flat and doesn't bother

Mac Lipstick - Whirl & Stone - I love matte textured lipsticks and these shades do not disappoint. Matching  their twin Lip Pencils, the perfect 90's lips. 

Mac Chromographic Pencil - Marine Ultra - The perfect waterline liner in the perfect shade of blue! This pencil goes on like buttah! 

Benefit They're Real Mascara - Beyond Blue - I love the original black shade but this blue is so awesome for Summer! It stays put (no raccoon eyes here) and the color it so vibrant. It works just as well as the black, lashes are long and voluminous. 

Benefit They're Real Pushup Liner - Beyond Blue - A vibrant blue waterproof gel liner in a tube. Need I say more? Cat eye #onfleek. 

Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer - Deep Matte - I wouldn't think I would go for the dark shade but it really blends flawlessly. The formula is so finely milled it's like airbrush. Thank you Jaclyn Hill for posting this in your haul video for me to find! :)

Maybelline BB Bronze - Light 1 - An easy way to have that Summer glow, moisture, and sun protection in one quick product. It's the perfect quick makeup must have.

Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunscreen - SPF 50 - By far the most weightless sunscreen I've ever put on my body. Love it. Simple and straight to the point.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Spray SPF 50+ - This is a fabulous sunscreen spray that didn't irritate my skin nor did I get any sunburn while on vacation last month. The scent is a typical sunscreen scent so I could do without that but other than scent, it's wonderful.

Jergens Instant Sun Mousse - Light Bronze & Deep Bronze - These are awesome! I love that they blend easily and no streaks to be found. You can build up the color to your liking by just reapplying day after day. It's a natural tone too. This will definitely be a staple in my drawer all year. The Light Bronze shade would be perfect for subtle color during the Winter months. Great job Jergens! 

Jergens Natural Glow Mousse - Medium Tan - A really great moisturizing and easily applied self tanner! This is so silky and sinks right in. I love the texture and color. Another win in drugstore self tanning!

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Foundation - This foundation is a great everyday foundation. The finish is satin to dewy and the coverage I would say is medium. It applies well with a flat top kabuki brush and I usually like to set it with a powder because of the Summer weather.  My skin does seem to like the foundation too. No breakouts from it and I feel like when I wear it all week my skin's texture is smoother. A really nice all around drugstore foundation.

And to complete this post, this quote...

"You're born naked, the rest is drag." - RuPaul

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe