Dry Skincare Series - New Drugstore Product Testing!

12:00:00 PM

I've been trying to test out some new products lately so I can share with you guys, whether they are good or bad. Plus I know it is always good to find drugstore products that work just as well if not better than those high end brands! :) Hope this helps...


Earlier this month I was browsing Instagram and found one of my favorite ladies on there had a post about her skincare. She has dry skin so I was excited to see what she was using. Her makeup always looks so flawless, smooth, and dewy I had to find her secret!

Her name is Jen Hubbard and her Instagram can be found under JENHUB. Look her up! She does amazing work and her color combos are always right up my ally (i.e. gray taupey lips!).


Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub - Jen says she swears by this and it kind of surprised me since I usually think of the Deep Clean line as something for oily or combination skin types. I had a coupon for CVS so I said what the hell and decided it try it. I have been using it for about 3 days so far (morning and night) and my skin feels so smooth! The tingling feeling does NOT leave my skin dry whatsoever. It feels refreshing like you are giving your skin a cool drink of water. There is no tightness or peeling, none of that. I don't think I will be using it twice a day every single day in the winter (maybe in the summer) just to make sure it doesn't overly exfoliate but I do think I will be using it as my morning cleanser.  I think men would like this too because of how refreshing it is. If my opinion changes I will let you know but as of right now, it has the Jackie O. seal of approval!


L'Oreal Paris Collagen Moisture Filler Day/Night Cream - With a scent of baby powder and a texture that melts into my skin what is not to love? L'Oreal did a great job with this cream. It really does sink into your skin but also leaves moisture behind on the surface to leave you dewy and fresh. It really helps soften and comfort my skin. I've been using it morning and night for about three days. At night I've been putting my Fresh Seaberry Oil on first and then after that absorbs I massage this cream on top. I feel like the combo has really helped my skin hold onto moisture better. This also is a fabulous prep for foundations. I haven't seen my foundation sticking to or creating dry patches which is what my main concern has been lately. 

xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe