Beat the Monday blues - pop of orange!

12:00:00 PM


"Orange is a colour located between red and yellow on the spectrum of light, and in the traditional colour wheel used by painters. Its name is derived from the orange fruit.
In Europe and America, orange is commonly associated with amusement, the unconventional, extroverts, fire, activity, danger, taste and aroma, the autumn season, and Protestantism." - Wikipedia ) 



Anastasia's Lavish palette has been out for a few months now and it was really popular in the Fall of 2013. The colors are rich and pigmented. I decided that my Monday needed some orange to spice it up this week! 

In this look I used the Cream shade over my entire primed lid (primed with Mac's Paintery Paint Pot). Then I loosely blended Orange Soda into my crease for a transition color. Sienna was my choice to deepen that crease. I added Rum Cake lightly over my lid and blended into the crease on top of Sienna to accentuate the reddish orange tones and add a little shimmer. :) 

No eyeliner was used but I think a deep brown liner would have been lovely. I finished the eye look off with a black mascara by Lancome called Hypnose Drama Instand Full Body Volume Mascara (I don't recommend this because it flakes. It was a sample I was trying). My brows are done with Benefit's Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep (very quickly).

This was a quick morning look, nothing crazy. I love the warm tones. They make me happy. 

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe