Children's Skincare - Cleansing

6:00:00 AM

Disclaimer: I am not a dermatologist nor do I pretend to be. The posts in this series are from research I've done online and my own thoughts. If you or your child are experiencing any skin concerns, please seek professional help.

A child's skin is delicate as it is but sometimes between playing outside, school germs, etc. you may find they are coming home with "baby breakouts". Now is the time to start a cleansing routine. My grandma instilled in my brain, "brush and wash". Every morning and night I brush my teeth and wash my face. Washing your face is an important habit to start teaching young. Washing allergens, germs, dirt, and grime away can lead to clearer skin tone, softer texture, and so many other things.

If you are looking for a gentle but effective cleanser for your child this list is comprised of products worth looking into. I have used most of them myself and have found they work wonders.

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash by Johnson & Johnson - This is, along with all others in this post, a drugstore find and I go back to this every once in a while when my skin requires something simple and straight to the point. It works great for taking off makeup (think Summer face painting and Halloween makeup).


Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - I know this is a highly recommended cleanser by dermatologists all over. I vaguely remember using this when I was younger because of my eczema. I actually just purchased a small sample size of this from Harmon's Discount to try out and so far I have enjoyed using it. It's unscented, gentle as can be and moisturizing. My skin feels cleansed but never tight or dry. 


Simple Cleansing Micellar Water - Cleansing waters are all the rage right now. Bioderma in Europe is a best seller even in the United States and this is a more convenient dupe of it from what I have heard. I just recently started using this to remove my makeup and as a quick cleanse when I don't feel like full on washing my face with soap and water. It works very well. My skin hasn't had any disagreements with it and it feels moisturized afterwards too. I could see this working well for children because it's a good quick cleanse with natural ingredients. Simple also has facial cleansing wipes, regular facial wash etc. I have only tried the micellar water myself but have seen and heard fabulous reviews about all of their products. 

Honest 3-in-1 Facial Towelettes - I have not tried this product but have used other Honest products with success. I really love their healing balm. I would think since their products are geared towards mothers and children that these would work great for childhood skincare. I would say they are worth looking into!


Last but not least, Dove Sensitive Skin Bar - My dermatologist recommended this to me for my sensitive skin and eczema. You can use this for your face and body. It's a great mild soap. Love this stuff.
xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe