MOTD - Vampy Lips

4:28:00 PM


This MOTD was inspired by a look Jaclyn Hill filmed with a basic eye, lashes, and a dark vampy lip. I've been loving a statement lip recently and this fits the bill. I wanted something, clean, modern, but a little edgy. 

I used Anastasia's liquid lipstick in the shade Potion which is a deep matte eggplant. In some lighting it can look black but don't let that scare you. I love this color and can totally see myself wearing it more often now. Feeling hesitant to wear a bold lip color? Don't be, it is a total confidence booster similar to a red shade!

For the eyes I used the mauve and ivory shades from the Tarte palette above. I used the dark purple shadow as a liner and use the Physicians Formula Lash Booster Fiber Mascara to pump up those lashes! 

For complexion, I used Becca's Backlight Filtering Primer and Clinique's Beyond Perfecting foundation. I've been loving this Clinique foundation, it is out of this world! I don't use concealer with it because it is a foundation and concealer combo. I love the finish - a glowy satin, and don't get me started on the coverage and longevity! This baby is a staple in my kit from now on! I wear the shade Breeze for reference. I believe it is the lightest shade they offer.

I contoured and bronzed up my face a little bit with Kevin Aucoin's Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Nights. I love this bronzer. Tropical Nights is a cool toned hue that works well for contouring and regular bronzing with a fine shimmer.  It has been my multitasking savior on quick mornings when I need some color plus a little contour. I love to set my face with the Nars' pressed crystal setting powder. 

Brows, I usually use Estee Lauder's Brow Now in the black shade but I forgot to grab it and put it in my makeup bag. I ended up using a grey eyebrow pencil that I got free from somewhere. It's a no name brand pencil. But it did get to order the new Anastasia Brow Definer in the shade Ebony because it is the same shape (an angled shape) and I loved it for carving out the perfect arch! I'll let you know what I think of the Anastasia one!

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe