Natural Evening Look

8:42:00 PM

I have been MIA because my little sister just got married on Saturday! It was such an exciting weekend and an emotional one at that (waterproof mascara anyone?). I was honored with the job to be her Matron of Honor. It was also a Halloween theme so we could dress up. I added accessories such as a boa, flapper headband, and rhinestone mask for the reception. It was so fun!

One of the fun things about a wedding is the makeup of course! I did my own for the occasion. Below, I gathered a list of the products and attached a few photos of the look. It is what I would call a natural evening look.

You may not know but for a wedding or any special occasion where photos will be taken, the more makeup usually the better. What may look like too much to you in the mirror could be perfect under the camera lenses and lights. A helpful hint is that SPF is not necessarily a good thing with photography as the SPF reflects the flash the same it would the sun and can wash you out on camera. Shimmer and glitter is not always a good thing either. They can also reflect light back at the camera and accentuate imperfections. I still like a soft shimmer to give my skin some glow since it is dry.







The products I used for the wedding:

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation - 3.5

Nyx HD Concealer - Porcelain - used for concealing and highlighting

Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk - used as an eyeshadow primer

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner - Intense Black - waterproof liner and super black! 

Mac Eye Kohl - Fascinating - used as an inner rim liner to brighten and "open" the eyes

Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Eyeshadow - Vintage Black Gold  - used over the other shadows to add some shimmer and dimension 

Mac Blush - Harmony & Taupe Shape - I used both of these for contouring. 

Benefit Bronzer - Hoola  - contouring

Nars Eyeshadow - Lhasa - also used for contour on the cheek bones (it has a great shadow color)

Lorac Neutralizer - after primer to reduce redness on my fair skin 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Limited Edition palette - highlighting

Mac Natural Radiance Primer

Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder - Light - finishing powder with illuminating qualities for a glow

Mac Monster's Bride Palette 

Anastasia Brow Liner - Dark Brown

Illamasqua Intense Lip Gloss - Facade (a grey pink) - this is one of my favorite glosses it has an almost brown tone to it and is very opaque 


xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe