Illamasqua Lipstick - Buff

1:11:00 PM

Illamasqua is known for their highly creative cosmetics. They offer a wide range of eccentric colors and formulas for the aspiring and experienced makeup artists alike. I have a few of their products and not one of them has disappointed me in the least. Today I wanted to talk about their Glamore Lipstick in the shade Buff, described as a fudgy brown on their website.


Find it here!

First, it is the perfect paring for Mac's Stone lip liner. It's like they were made for each other. The combination of brown and grey is perfection. The color doesn't wash me out but adds a certain depth to my look. Think grunge crossed with 1920's flapper.

Second, the texture is creamy and moisturizing. I didn't see the need to apply a balm before hand. But it also wasn't too creamy where it bleed all over the place. It is a satin finish, not too shiny but also not matte either.

Lastly, the shade will work for a lot of skin tones in my opinion. My description of the shade would be a grey tinged rosy brown. It changes with the lip liner you use and with your own personal lip tone. You can warm it up with a spice colored lip liner like Perfect Spice by Too Faced or cool it down with either Coloured Pencil in Sebastian from OCC or Stone Lip Liner by Mac. It's very versatile and just plain gorgeous!

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe