Drugstore Mattes

4:40:00 PM

Matte eyeshadow is something that should be in everyone's collection. They are staples and so useful for blending out shimmery shades, a soft bridal look (matte is great for photography!), or just for an everyday work/errands look.

classic nudes, quartz quartet, and canyon classics

I was so excited when I found these Physicians Formula palettes at Ulta. I had been searching for them everywhere after reading some great reviews on them. They used to carry them at CVS (they still might in some stores) but mine did not have any. After starting to think they were being discontinued, Ulta had them in stock! I know Amazon.com has them. I will post a link below each photo just in case they are MIA in your drugstores or Ulta store too.

This texture is what I have been picking over shimmer lately. They create a nice quick and soft look that is always classic in my opinion. They can be built up to a dramatic night smoke or use a single cream shade all over the lid to brighten those tired eyes.

These palettes did have fallout when I used my brush but it's nothing that bothers me so much that I won't use it or wouldn't buy it again. These have a very light silky texture. I swatched them on my hand, no primer or anything. I think a primer would work wonders with these since there are lighter colors. I suggest a white primer to get the truest color payoff. I think they would all work on most skin tones but I think the darker your complexion the more chalky some of these lighter shades will look.

Overall I think they are really wonderful affordable matte palettes.

classic nudes

quartz quartet

canyon classics


Complementing Products:
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Shadow Liner 604 Milk - as an eyeshadow primer (This is the best white primer I have found, and you can use it as a highlight too!)
stila Color Outside The Lines Smudgestick Set
stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the quartz quartet! I want to look into trying that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty! I think it would be really nice for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe