Dry Skincare Series - Oils

8:47:00 PM

First off, Happy New Year! I am so sorry it has been so long since my last post. But 2014 is here and I am working on getting back into the swing of things. :)

So lets get back to dry skincare starting 2014 with face and body oils...

Facial oils (being a cleanser or moisturizer) in general seem to have grown in popularity in the past couple years. Sephora even has a link on their site recommended certain oils for different skincare concerns you may have... check it out below.

Sephora's Recommendations on Oils


I already touched on cleansing oil in my cleansing post so I won't go into that again. But here is the link in case you missed that one...

Cleansing for Dry Skin

As for moisturizing or "treating" your skin, oils can be fantastic (especially in the winter months). I use a body oil everyday in the shower and use an oil on my face every night before bed.

The first oil that I really fell in love with is Josie Maran's argan oil. It is so silky and makes my skin feel wonderful the next morning when I wake up. I use this on my face but you can use it anywhere. The only thing that stops me from using it all over my body would be the price. While it isn't the most expensive oil on the market it is pricey selling at about $50 for 1.7 ounces. This oil is great because I also find that it actually heals my occasional breakouts to eczema rashes. I think a lot of it has to do with the essential fatty acids in it. It is also fragrance free! This product is also a SUPER multitasker! You can use it on your nails, hands, face, hair, eyelashes, etc.

I have tried more affordable argan oils from other brands but nothing treats my skin like Josie's does. I don't know what it is. Josie has other products with argan oil in them that are just as amazing. In my next post about ointments/balms I will touch on those other products.

She also makes a radiance argan oil that is sooooo pretty! It is luminous under foundation and the best oil for summertime (or anytime!) because it has shimmer in it. This one is scented but nothing too strong. Its scent is honey chamomile and lavender, very relaxing in my opinion. I love it and I love me some sparkle!

Josie Maran Argan Oil

Josie Maran Radiance Argan Oil



The second face oil I have been loving is by Boscia. It is a lovely oil encased in a gorgeous bright pink glass bottle. The pink bottle is what called to me at first (glamour girl oil to the max!). I picked this up and hadn't really started using it until this past week. So far it's really nice at smoothing and softening my skin and I would say I do see a sort of "glow" to my skin when I wake up in the morning. I don't think the glow lasts after that but that could also be from me being sick. This is great for moisturizing and smoothing out the skin though. It is recommended for anti aging or to prevent signs of premature aging. So far I still would recommend Josie's oil before Boscia's if you were to ask me which high end oil you should get. It all depends on your skin's needs.

Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil




Body oil has become an essential for me. I shower and before I get out I use Neutrogena's Sesame Body Oil on my wet skin. It does not make me feel greasy one bit. My skin doesn't feel tight when I use this which is great in the winter with the indoor heat and hot showers. It is really really wonderful and has solved my dry itchy (like crazy) skin problems. This can be found in the drugstores as well as Harmon's. They also have small travel size bottles if you want to just test it out without buying the $15 full size bottle. It smells lovely and light. The scent actually reminds me of white grape juice, yummy. It doesn't linger though so I can still wear perfume. If you don't like the though of putting it directly on your skin then you can also put it in a bath too.

Neutrogena Sesame Oil



There are a few more oils I plan on trying out in the near future including Tarte's Maracuja Oil and Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. When I try them I will do another post to let you know how they work!
xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe