Dry Skincare Series - Coconut Oil

11:38:00 AM


Originally this was going to be included in my oils post but I decided that it should be on its own because coconut oil is so versatile. You can use it for cooking, skincare, haircare etc. It is something that is gaining popularity and has been for a while now. There are posts everywhere about the benefits it has.

Here is a great post with 101 uses for this oil....

101 uses for coconut oil by Wellness Mama

First off, I love anything coconut scented or flavored usually so when I saw you could use it as a lip balm or face moisturizer as well as eat it that intrigued me. I originally bought coconut oil for cooking and was very interested in the benefits it has on your body/health. I started reading more about it and saw all the different uses it has in the beauty world too.

I went to The Vitamin Shoppe and looked through all the different brands and decided on their store brand oil. The thing you want to look for when buying this oil is that it is organic extra virgin coconut oil. You do not want anything refined. You want the purest form. It comes in solid form and then melts when it comes in contact with your body heat or when you cook with it.




For now I am just going to focus on the beauty aspect of this oil...

I use it on my face after I wash and tone. It absorbs pretty quickly since it is a thin consistency after it melts. I put some on my lips as well before bed. This oil works wonders for your eyelashes! When you put it on your face just spread it all over your eyes, lips, everything.

Remember when I said how Josie Maran's Argan oil has the essential fatty acids? Well so does coconut oil. I've read that coconut oil actually has some of the highest amounts. So that is a great benefit there and can be a nice replacement for your Josie Oil if you are on a budget. Coconut oil can be expensive but when you think about it you get a huge amount for about half the price or Josie's oil. You only need to use a small amount. (just something to think about)

Coconut oil also has antibacterial properties making it a great oil for breakouts. It will heal your skin, soften it, prevent bacteria, and give that glow. Plus it is ALL natural! That itself makes me feel great using it on my skin. I know exactly what I am absorbing into my body.

I really can't say enough good things about this stuff. It is something I highly recommend and use on and off myself.

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe