Dry Skincare Series - Ointments / Balms

4:40:00 PM

Ointment and balms are used for so many things. They are lip balms, cuticle balms, healing ointments, etc. If you have dry skin you need at least one of these in your life.


I think the best way to do this is to list and then talk about each product, so here we go... 

Josie Maran Argan Balm Nourish and Protect - This is a balm that will last forever. I have the 1 oz size and have had that 1 oz for over a year already without even making a dent. It is great as a lip balm and great for dry skin spot treatments like your nose or cheeks. Plus this will heal your skin because it is made with that "liquid gold" ingredient - argan oil.

Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil - Being less solid than the above balm this will be really great to keep because it's more sanitary. You can squeeze out what you need but be aware that it will come out pure oil if it is warm enough. This can be used everywhere... hands, face, hair, feet, lips, and the list goes on.


Aquaphor Healing Ointment Dry, Cracked and Irritated Skin Protectant - I love this product! I was turned onto using this from reading an interview online with Kourtney Kardashian. Her makeup artist Joyce Bonelli swears by it. Kourtney uses it all over her face at night so I was thought if she looks that great it is worth a shot! I tried it and this is a great intense treatment for when your skin is dry and needs smoothing help. I wake up to baby soft skin. I use this on my lips at night and I love this for my eyelashes. It will moisturize them deeply after a hard day under tons of mascara or falsies. Another wonderful thing about this is it can be used as a makeup remover too (think lipstick ladies).

Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly - Like the above ointment this is also on the top of my list. I love to smother my face with this after cleansing at night. It soothes my skin when it is burning dry. Of course this is also the best classic (and cheap!) lip balm.

Rosebud Salve - I use this for a lip balm but have also used it on my nails on occasion. I have read you can rub this on rashes or irritated skin but I have yet to test it out. It smells lovely and I love the retro feel of the packaging.


Creme Apricot Fortifying Cream For Nails by Christian Dior - This is a splurge item. I read that Christina Aguilera uses this for her nails and as a lip balm before bed so I had to try it out. The apricot smell is light and is not overpowering at all. It has a thick sticky texture and you only need a small amount. I have a feeling this balm will last me forever since you only need a teeny tiny bit. I like it for my lips too but it wouldn't be my first choice. It is a nice milky peach color. The packaging is the same since the 60's which is the coolest.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Fragrance-Free - I wouldn't call this a cream because it's more like an ointment. I always come back to this in the winter for my hands. I may try other hand lotions etc. but this is what really works for me. You can use this anyway where you have dry skin like your nose or lips. This does not leave my hands feeling greasy but just moisturized and happy.

The Honest Company Healing Balm Soothing Protection & Relief for Sensitive Skin & Diaper Rash - I am new to this product. So far it has a super thick texture that makes me think you only need a small amount. It is all natural and organic. I feel good using it because I know the ingredients are good for me and my skin. One of the ingredients that made me want try it out is coconut oil. I used it on my lips today and the staying power and moisturize are fierce. It does smell a little like herbs which is kind of weird for me but I'm sure I will get used to it.

By Terry Rose Balm (the ultimate splurge!) - a serious splurge here at $60 a jar. This is my glamour girl balm. I feel pretty and feminine when I use it and it reminds me of something that would have been on Marilyn's vanity. I love to use this before lipstick or my favorite way to wear it is with Mac's Stone Lip Liner. I line my lips with the liner and blend a small amount of the balm in the bottom center of my lips.Voila! it turns my lips a beautiful gray taupe color.


xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe