Lashes For Days...

4:30:00 PM



" BETTE DAVIS once said that she owed her success to brown mascara. But if Davis were alive today, the actress with the famously dramatic eyes might give the same credit to her mascara brush. "   (NY Times)


I've collected some of my favorite lash products to share with you. These are by far the best lash enhancing tools I have come across. Like I have said in previous posts I like long and thick (spidery) lashes. I put on multiple coats of whatever mascara I am wearing. These ladies add some serious drama. 

tumblr
Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions - Length like no other! This baby can give you volume plus length in a few swipes. The brush is great for your lower lashes too because it is slim and has sort of that comb like shape. The tiny bristles grab each lash and extend them for miles. It comes in waterproof and regular. 

Maybelline New York The Falsies Mascara, Black Drama - This baby has lash fibers right in the mascara itself. They build onto each other as you layer. I love the brush and texture. This is definitely a keeper in my book - a great way to have the falsie look without the glue and sometimes the weight of a strip of false lashes. 

Dior Extase - This was last week's Friday Favorite and it will continue to be a favorite for a long time. I think it's similar to Covergirl's Clump Crusher Extensions in that the formula has a similar texture but this one is much more black and needs fewer coats. Friday Favorite - Dior Extase

Dior lash plumping primer - A great addition to the Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions or any of these for that matter... It prepares your lashes before your mascara and adds that crucial extra layer for extreme length and conditioning too. I feel like it protects my lashes from harsher mascaras. 

Benefit They're Real - This mascara is no joke. This formula will create that false lash effect quiet simply. I do find it is harsher on my lashes so I don't always wear this. It does not say it's waterproof but I feel like it is that is how strong it sticks to your lashes. I definitely need to work with this to get it all off at night but that would also be from how many coats I use too. 

DivaDerme Lash Extender Lashes in a Bottle - Lash fibers are an interesting product. What you do is put a coat of mascara or primer on your lashes and then swipe the fibers on your wet lashes (the come with a mascara like brush) then add another layer of mascara for instant false lash drama (layer for even more drama)! I have sensitive eyes but this does not bother me. I would just be careful since they are small fibers and can fall in your eyes and cause irritation. 


Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions  - Clump Crusher Extensions is not the blackest mascara on the planet but this feathers out and lengthens my lashes beautifully. I love the light texture. My lashes never feel brittle when it dries. It's a mascara that I feel like I need to use a lot of coats to get the desired effect but it is worth it in the end. The brush and formula help prevent clumping. It's a real steal. 






Tony Cenicola/The New York Times


Here is an interesting article about mascara and how it has changed... The Art of the Lash Advances


xoxo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great information. I've been using Benefit They're Real but I might have to give these others a try or at least one or two of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I'm so glad you like Benefit's They're Real! You so need to try a few of these others. They are fab! :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe