Dry Skincare Series - BB Creams / Tinted Moisturizers

3:30:00 PM

BB Creams and/or tinted moisturizers are a great for summer (or anytime) and when you are in a rush and want to give your skin that extra oomph.

BB creams or "beauty balms" are very popular in Asia and slowly made their way to America. Now every brand possible has their own version although some are definitely better than others. Beauty balms have many benefits. Yes they have nice coverage but also skin benefits. Each one has their own specifics but most of them claim to even skin tone, clear and prevent breakouts, moisturize, and much more including the great SPF.

MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 Natural Beige SPF42 PA++ - a classic BB cream and a fantastic one at that. This is the epitome of tinted moisturizers. It has a rich thick texture but does not look pasty or mask my skin. I do see benefits such as clearer and softer skin when I use this. I feel my skin looks fresher too. This also makes a nice prep for foundation! If you are looking for a product that is everything a BB cream should be then this is it, hands down!



Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers, SPF 30 - I use this in the summer for something quick to even out my skin and moisturize. It is also great before the beach. I like the color it gives my skin and I do find that it benefits the look of my skin over time just maybe not as well as the above creams.


These are both worth checking out but if I wear to pick one it would be the MISSHA M brand.

I have yet to try out any CC Creams (color correcting). I plan on trying out the Smashbox brand because I have heard great things about their CC and their BB creams but they are pricey at close to $40 a bottle.

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe